Another Year Done
And what a year it’s been! Early in the year I got back into amateur radio and even received some NOAA weather satellite imagery. I also, ultimately, lost my battle against the Department of the Air Force regarding the covid vaccine. Of course, I started reading through the Bible as well.
Plenty of other good things happened this year, too, but I’m not going to over-share my personal life on the Internet. Suffice to say that God is good and I’m blessed beyond what I deserve!
Things I Read
(Besides the Bible, that is)
- Orthodoxy - G.K. Chesterton
- The Grand Miracle - C.S. Lewis
- A Wrinkle in Time - Madeleine L’Engle
- A Swiftly Tilting Planet - Madeleine L’Engle
- How to Begin the Christian Life - George Sweeten
- Lord of the Flies - William Golding
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest - Ken Kesey
- Faust - Goethe
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart - Ted Tripp
- The Hidden Dangers of the Rainbow - Constance Cumbey
- The Merchant of Venice - Shakespeare
- Doctor Zhivago - Boris Pasternak
- The Spy Who Changed History - Svetlana Lokhova
- The War of the Worlds - H.G. Wells
- Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - A.C. Doyle
- A Study in Scarlet - A.C. Doyle
- The Hound of the Baskervilles - A.C. Doyle
- Diamonds are Forever - Ian Fleming
- Glory Road - Heinlein
- Live and Let Die - Ian Fleming
- Moonraker - Ian Fleming
- Waldo & Magic, Inc. - Heinlein
- The Garbage Generation - Daniel Amneus
- Federalist Papers
- Doctor No - Ian Fleming
Time for Reflection
How was your year? It’s always helpful to reflect on:
- Things you did;
- Things you avoided doing;
- Things you did but shouldn’t have;
- Things you should have done but didn’t.
Of course, each of these four categories can contain both good and bad things. If you’re the type to make resolutions, this is a fruitful way to begin. As for me, I plan to spend 2023 finding ways to cut out unnecessary things so I can spend more time with my family.
My best wishes for a happy new year!